In order to be considered for the EHLS Program, you must complete an application form, provide required supporting documents, and complete a brief telephone interview. You must submit all parts of your application by midnight Eastern time on the deadline date. The deadline for the 2016 program is July 13, 2015.
- The online application form is where you demonstrate that you meet the eligibility requirements and show that you are a strong candidate for the program
- The supporting documentation includes a résumé, transcripts, references, and confirmation of your application telephone interview schedule
- The application telephone interview includes questions about your background and professional goals and allows you to demonstrate your commitment to the program.
The Application Process: 5 Steps
Applying to the EHLS Program is a five-step process. To ensure that you submit a complete EHLS application, please review the steps carefully.
Admissions Timeline for 2015-2016
- Prepare supporting documents
- Schedule and complete telephone interview
- Complete online application
- Meet EHLS staff at information sessions (optional)
|February 27 –
July 13, 2015:
|EHLS Application available online.|
|July 13, 2015:||Last day to submit an EHLS Application.|
|September 2015:||Provisionally selected candidates notified to proceed with skills testing|
|October 10, 2015:||Language and computer skills testing in Washington, DC (Step 4)|
|November 2015:||Successful candidates notified of scholarship award and admission to EHLS (Step 5)|
|January 5, 2016:||First day of 2013 EHLS Program|